Sunday 10 January 2010

MAGAZINE and Evaluating

FRONT COVER


This is a snapshot of my magazine cover in the stage of this project where the students finish all all the little problems they have with their work. I had planned for the background (the graffiti) to be a specific piece of art done by the artist Banky in Camden. When I went down to take the photos, to my surprise the Banksy piece of art had been covered by this beautiful graffiti art rather then the much preferred original image. I made did with this graffiti as I still think it presents the uniqueness and special kind of music that this specific genre is. The title itself it quite similar to the writing on the wall behind and it also symbolizes the culture of the youth today in London.





There were more ideas for my front cover such as:




This was an idea for the front cover. I used the magnetic lasso tool to cut around the image of the mysterious man leaning against the wall and then copied it to make three of them. The whole theme for this front cover is to present mystery of who this artist is and in turn making the reader intrigued and wanting to read on. I felt by doing this it didn't give me enough space to work with when doing the writing and felt the writing would look better on top of a colourful background.







CONTENTS PAGE

This was the first draft of my contents page. I liked the use of colours and the way in which i made the background picture blurry again keeping to this mystery theme. I then improved the contents page by doing this:


I created a sort of border for the magazine and put another picture to cover up the unsymmetrical gap on the contents page. I believe these small changed to the contents page makes it look that more professional. I feel that the images went very well together but I did find it hard to think of ideas for the type of text to use for the writing in the white box. This white box could have also been something slightly more creative but I felt the background image and other images around it would clash with anything but white. All the pictures are on this page present the youth's stereotypical image and I feel the readers would be more interested with what is inside.




DOUBLE PAGE SPREAD


With my double page spread I used a very simple variation of colours for the writing and background. I believe the black, white, red and blue (all the colours on the page apart from the pictures) really contrast and enhancing how much the writing all stands out. I believe the pictures on the "HIGH ROLLERS" really summarise a teenagers night out. The pictures were taken so that it would really means something to the readers. As the people reading this magazine would be able to recognise these photos and hopefully remembers photos they have like that of themselves it would definitely present a comical effect.
With the interview I tried to make it as interesting as possible as I want to relate to the readers and show them a typical story about a young rapper who started with nothing but became reasonably big. This type of interview will definitely intrigue the readers of this magazine as rapping is exceptionally common with young teenage boys.


No comments:

Post a Comment